Friday, November 9, 2012

Ode to the Death of America, 2012

With Apologies to Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel beforehand:

Hello Darkness my old Friend, I've come to talk with you again, About visions that others want me to believe, About darkness falling quite swiftly.

And the vision, that is planted in my brain, Still remains. Amid the ruins of Obammy.

Restless pondering I ponder alone, Amid the victory of Death, And the profits softly creeping, Dow Jones falling quite swiftly, And the Layoffs! As households quickly fall!

Homeless sleeping on the sidewalk, Babies killed by their mothers, Grandma shoved off a cliff in her wheelchair.

These visions, implanted in my brain, All remain Among the end, of innocence.

Yet First World Problems these really are, At least the drones won't attack tonight, At least not here, in the Homeland.

Little children being burned alive, Just because siblings are Jihadists, And the hunger, as rain never falls.

These are the visions I should work on, Increasing justice so that more can live, Feeding the hungry and housing the homeless, And wanting the uns!

No comments:

Creative Commons License
Oustside The Asylum by Ted Seeber is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at http://outsidetheaustisticasylum.blogspot.com.